I will be doing a series from the Book of Daniel. I believe it will be very useful to us at this time of a global health crisis.
Daniel & his friends/colleagues were caught up in a crisis of sorts back in their own day: the loss of their freedom & had to live & flourish under a different atmosphere.
Key Points from Chapter 8
- Daniel had another vision, this time involving a ram and a goat in its symbolism.
- There was a conflict between the ram and the goat, and it involved the ram being set down and the breaking of horns. Following these were acts of physical and spiritual transgressions.
- Then two holy voices spoke; one asked what length of time the desolation and transgressions would go on for, and the other answered, “Unto two thousand and three hundred evenings and mornings; then shall the sanctuary be cleansed.” This response was directed at Daniel.
- Please read the whole of chapter 8 to get the full picture. It all sounds “amazing”, but true.
- Daniel sought to understand the vision. One stood before Daniel having the appearance of a man and spoke to Gabriel [an angel] to make Daniel understand the vision. Gabriel then did this. He said the vision was for the time of the end.
- I wonder how Daniel would have felt, given his dreams and visions. He would have been in awe of God who showed them to him so vividly and interpreted them.
- Daniel was directed to shut up the vision until sometime in the future.
- He fainted and was sick for several days. Afterwards, he rose and went about the King’s business, and wondered at the vision but none understood it. He most likely shared it with his confidants.
- Once again, here was Daniel, in captivity, but maintaining his “connection to God” and operating on a level far above that which was ordinary.