I will be doing a series from the Book of Daniel. I believe it will be very useful to us at this time of a global health crisis.
Daniel & his friends/colleagues were caught up in a crisis of sorts back in their own day: the loss of their freedom & had to live & flourish under a different atmosphere.
Key Points from Chapter 12
- Proceedings continue from Daniel chapter 11. The continued explaining that which was to come to Daniel.
- The end was a time of much trouble, but the Jews would be delivered, “every one that shall be found written in the book.”
- Verse 3: “And they that are wise shall shine as the brightness of the firmament; and they that turn many to righteousness as the stars for ever and ever.” [ASV].
- Daniel was instructed to keep the details for a time.
- He still had some gaps in his understanding of everything he was told, and he enquired further. The angel replied that those further bits that Daniel sought to understand would be revealed later in time.
- Verse 10: “Many shall purify themselves, and make themselves white, and be refined; but the wicked shall do wickedly; and none of the wicked shall understand; but they that are wise shall understand.” [ASV]
- The angel wrapped things up by telling Daniel that at the end of time, he, Daniel, would stand in his lot.
- Be sure to read the whole of chapter 12 in the Bible, to fully understand what transpired and to gain your own perspective.
- There is a recognition and reward for those who have been wise, and who have turned many to righteousness.
- It is amazing that Daniel could spend his time in “captivity”, in a crisis of sorts, increasing in stature, responsibility, knowledge, respect, influence, and success. All while keeping his integrity intact.
- I believe he is an example for us to follow.
- From the events in his life, and that of his companions, we know without a shadow of doubt that God is faithful to them who believe in him and call on his name. His name is indeed a strong tower.
- This concludes our study of the book of Daniel.
- ASV: American Standard Version.